|Moist & flavorful.|
|Topped with peppery arugula.|
1/4 cup soy sauce (I use low sodium)
1/2 cup lime juice
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
4 smashed and peeled garlic cloves
4 slices fresh ginger root
5 sliced green onions (white and green parts)
1 1/2 pounds flank steak
about 3 ounces arugula
salt and pepper, to taste
To the cooking:
1. Make the marinade: whisk olive oil, soy sauce, lime juice, and light brown sugar until emulsified. Add in the garlic cloves, ginger, and sliced green onions. Pour over steak.
|Poured over steak.|
3. Bring the steak to room temperature before grilling; that means about 30 minutes to one hour outside of the fridge.
4. Take the steak our of the marinade but do not discard the marinade - it will become our salad dressing for the arugula. Pat the steak dry and put on grill over medium heat.
|Beginning to grill.|
5. In order to get nice grill marks, you just want to flip the steak once. After about five minutes, flip the steak. Depending not eh thickness of your steak, 5 minutes per side should get you somewhere close to medium rare. (To make sure, 130F at the thickest part of your steak is medium rare).
|Look at those grill marks.|
7. While steak is resting, pour marinade into a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat and set aside.
|Steak peeking out.|
|Ready to serve.|